Sunday, 8 April 2012

NaPoWriMo 2012 day 8



i love
the indifference
you watch
me with

sit there,
legs crossed
as i twist, bounce
dervish spin
star jump
slide and glide
imagine disco ball
packed dance floor

and

nothing
from you
your eyebrows barely twitch
glance follows every move i make
but you couldn't look more bored
if you tried
and i sometiems wonder if you do

i try to coax you
into accompanying me
though maybe singing
the wrong words
at full volume
is not the best way
to entice

once i start
the stomping
you decide it's time
to draw the line
stand, stretch
muscles flex
sniff, turn tail
and flee the scene

go curl up on the sofa
til my sanity returns

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I liked this one especially "dervish spin". My friend and esteemed colleague, the Grasshopper, is similarly impressed.

    ReplyDelete